Here are some helpful Running Tips from Harbin Clinic by
Dr. William F. Hunter, DC on things you should do during your post run recovery.
1. Cool down gently and then preform gentle stretches
3. Continue to eat in a healthy fashion.
4. No running for 1-3 weeks after. You won’t lose fitness! Leg muscles can have microscopic injuries. Gentle stretching can help but massage has been shown to accelerate recovery. Massage can be prescribed at Harbin Clinic Chiropractic and Physical Therapy.
5. Practice active recovery with non-running activities such as walking, biking, or swimming.
6. Address weaknesses. Retake your FMS test to find out if you need more core strength, mobility or both.